- The PHY bosses are going to give you the most trouble, even bosses that only have a PHY phase. SSBKK Goku and Golden Frieza aren't much trouble, and with some luck/skill you can usually skate by Black unscathed and without using an item. Super Perfect Cell is basically a game of tag in his third round since he'll probably regenerate slightly less HP than you can blast away with Super Buu each turn, but a Dokkan Mode attack or a big enough nuke with Buu or Trunks can take him out. Vegeta shouldn't give you too much trouble after that, just block with Janemba and stun with Blue.
- After Super Vegito, PHY Broly will make you hate everything ever. His first two phases aren't too bad, but a Super Attack from a non-debuffed phase three Broly can and will hit you for 200,000 damage and kill you instantly. There is no shame in using an item here to reduce damage like Yemma, Android 8 or Princess Snake.
- Gotenks and Buu aren't too much trouble but Omega might be a bit of a concern. Mainly his Coercion will throw a wrench in your plans since it makes it harder to block with Janemba, but just try to stun with Blue to mitigate this. He has a lot of health but just keep healing and you should be fine.
- For Rose Black, remember that while you can't kill Zamasu, there is absolutely nothing stopping General Blue from stunning him. Use this to your advantage to lessen the amount of attacks coming your way.
- Goku, Vegeta and Trunks won't give you too much trouble, but stunninng Vegito Blue is absolutely critical. Unless it's Janemba, do NOT let him get a Super Attack off on anyone or you're as good as dead. Using an item or two here when needed isn't a bad idea, either. Just make sure you save a few for Zamasu and Trunks.
- For Fused Zamasu, you just have to survive his PHY form since his TEQ forms don't pose much of a threat to you. Using an item to get past PHY Zamasu is fine but keep a few around for Trunks's PHY form.
- The last fight against Trunks isn't too bad until his PHY form. This is effectively the last challenge as Trunks's INT form (his last one) doesn't attack you for three moves (until he uses Final Hope Slash to instantly kill you) and is easily killed by a Buu nuke and possibly a second attack to finish him. If you have any items left, now is absolutely the time to use them. Weaken his Supers with Android 8 or Princess Snake (Or Yemma) and Senzu or Dende when you don't have a Buu on hand.
- General Blue, Janemba and Super Buu are your MVP's here. Build up ki for Buu to heal and mini-nuke, block Super Attacks with Janemba and always keep 6 ki available for Blue to be able to stun. You can't survive without him stunning.
- Recommended items are Senzu, Dende (for when Buu isn't there and you need health), as well as Android 8 and Princess Snake (to both heal you and decrease the damage you'll take). Try to save the items for the later PHY bosses and beat base Goku Black without using one. You can also possibly beat Broly without using an item but that requires more than a little bit of luck and isn't necessary.
- When fighting a PHY boss, there is only one character you should allow to be hit with a Super - Janemba. Anyone else will take a ton of damage and you probably won't survive that turn. Try using the unlock potential system to give Janemba, Buu, Trunks and Gohan "Dodge" so that they have a chance to just not get hurt by the Super. It isn't as dependable as Janemba's omni-block but it could save your life when you're backed against a wall.
- Buu should be max SA, high SA Trunks is optional but recommended.